Luzhou Medical College (LZMC) was founded in 1951 and is a government university recognized by both the Chinese government and the World Health Organization. It was authorized by the Degree Committee ofthe State Council to confer master’s Degrees in 1993, and began to confer Doctor’s Degrees in 2002. It is one of the “Top 5 Model Universities in Electronic Education” in Sichuan Province.
For more than 50 years, the college has trained 20,000 students, and has evolved into a large-scale college of teaching, medical care and scientific research. It is characterized for combining Traditional Chinese Medicine with Western Medicine in various ways and at different levels.
At present there are 13,416 students study in the university, including 294 international students, 503 postgraduate students, 11,876 graduate students and also some short-term international students. The international students come from south Asian countries and the Chinese students come from 29 provinces.
The college library has 1,241,100 books and journals, and 120 electronic reading rooms. The campus network covers both campuses. The teaching buildings cover 162,334 square meters, the dormitories, 84,227 square meters, the canteens, 11,600 square meters, and the stadium, 69,386 square meters, including 1 swimming pool.